As a multi-award-winning architectural practice, healycornelius design has built a reputation for designing highly detailed, functional buildings in a variety of styles with emphasis on energy efficiency. Through imaginative use of materials, maximising light and space, healycornelius design creates buildings and spaces which enrich the clients’ experience while staying within budgetary constraints.
Building from the design knowledge of over 50 years of collective training and experience between participants of the practice, healycornelius design has developed a design ethos in which our clients’ needs are at the centre of the creative design process.
CIAT Chartered Practice
We are a Chartered Practice with the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT), which is the lead qualifying body for Architectural Technology, that sets the standards for professional conduct for those practising in the discipline.
As Chartered Members of a professional body, this gives our clients greater peace of mind that we have the necessary qualifications with expertise to provide our services. In addition, as part of the professional Code of Conduct, we carry professional indemnity insurance cover for all the projects we undertake.
RIBA Plan of Work
At healycornelius, we follow the RIBA Plan of Work 2020 which organises the process of briefing, designing, delivering, maintaining, operating and using a building into eight stages. It is a framework for all disciplines on construction projects.
First initiated in 1963, it has been the definitive model for bringing greater clarity to the different stages of a project. It has evolved over the years to reflect changing trends in project approaches and has become an industry-wide tool.
- Conceptual Sketch Designs
- Architectural Design
- Feasibility Studies
- Dimensional and Building Surveys
- Pre-Purchase Residential Surveys
- Planning Applications
- Listed Building Consent Applications
- Premises License Applications
- Building Regulations Applications (incl. Fire Safety)
- Party Wall Awards
- Design and Assigned Certifier
(as Registered Building Surveyors)
- Full Tender and Construction Drawings
- Schedule of Works and Full Specifications
- Health & Safety (CDM / PSDP)
- Building Contract Administration
- Construction Phase Programming
- Procurement and Purchasing
- Mortgage Lender Documentation